Cultural education means education for cultural participation, mediated in theatres, museums, at festivals and in countless cultural projects. But cultural participation also means participation in the artistic and cultural events of a society in particular and in its life and actions in general. Cultural education is one of the prerequisites for a successful life in its personal and social dimensions. The “European Education Programme of the Year” prize is awarded to particularly innovative cultural education programmes that promote a cosmopolitan mindset. Apply as a cultural provider, business enterprise, foundation with your very special educational project!
Evaluation criteria of the jury
- _Innovative power: novel mediation strategies in cultural child and youth education as well as adult education
- _Quality: a didactically coherent concept
- _Target group orientation: adapted implementation of cultural education offers
- _Cooperation: development of qualified partner networks
Who can apply for this category?
Irrespective of local, regional, national or international orientation:
- _Cultural institutions and projects in all cultural spheres
- _Public and private foundations that promote cultural education
- _Companies that initiate or implement educational programmes
- _Cross-border cultural initiatives and sustainable cultural promotion programmes
Please register using the online entry form. Please send your application documents by August 31, 2019 to the competition office. The confirmation of your competition entry will be sent together with a bill for the application fee, which must be paid within 14 days of receipt.
Download the official announcement here.
Please submit the following materials for a proposal in the "European Education Program of the Year" category:
- _free presentation, max. 10 pdf pages or powerpoint slides
- _at least three high-resolution images
- _a printable logo
- _brief summary of your application (500 characters)
- _tailer/image video (ca. 30 sec.), if available
- _possibly examples of initiatives (flyers, billboards, merchandising etc.)
The winners from previous years