“Culture” is the trend in the European tourism market. Successful portrayals of authentic attitudes to life, culture, history, architecture and cuisine have contributed to the fact that, in addition to city tourism, entire regions have become popular holiday destinations. These cultural tourism regions are naturally grown cultural sceneries in which the European and thus also the diverse regional culture can be experienced. Apply for the coveted title “European Cultural Tourism Region of the Year”, which honours an identity-based, cultureoriented brand management and the marketing of individual cultural offerings!
Evaluation criteria of the jury
- _Brand management: cultural brand management, seasonal or theme campaigns
- _Brand character: authentic mediation and experience value of the content on offer
- _Networking: Integration of cultural providers and the cultural and creative industries
- _Sustainability: Implementation of economic, ecological and social criteria (desirable)
Who can apply for this category?
Irrespective of local, regional, national or international orientation:
- _Tourism marketing companies
- _Regional tourism organisations
- _Tourism clubs
- _Economic development institutions
- _Cultural providers, agencies and cultural service providers
How can you apply?
1. Online Registration
Please register via our online forum by August 31, 2021. The confirmation of your registration will be sent via email together with a bill for the application fee, which must be paid within 10 days of receipt.
2. Submission of your application
Please submit the following materials via Google Forms by August 31, 2021:
- _brief summary of your application (500 characters)
- _free presentation, max. 10 pdf pages or powerpoint slides
- _at least three high-resolution images
- _a printable logo
- _tailer/image video (ca. 30 sec.), if available
- _possibly examples of initiatives (flyers, billboards, merchandising etc.)
The winners from previous years