The arts and cultural activities are an integral part of the corporate culture of many European companies. With their private-sector investments, they enrich the cultural market, which is mainly financed by the public sector. Cultural investors thus make additional art and cultural projects possible and promote ideas from the creative industries. The “European Cultural Investor of the Year” category rewards private individuals, businesses and local authorities for their enduring private investment and support. Apply with your beneficial contribution to the promotion of the arts and culture or to the development of a cosmopolitan cultural market.
Evaluation criteria of the jury
- _Benefits for society: Sustainability of the cultural investment
- _Innovative power: creative involvement of the investor in the project
- _Implementation: Integration into internal and external communications
- _Effect: Presentation of the benefits for the company
Who can apply for this category?
Irrespective of local, regional, national or international orientation:
- _Cultural-promoting businesses of every size and orientation
- _Agencies commissioned by companies with marketing /sponsoring tasks
- _Foundations that have incorporated the promotion of culture into their statutes
- _Dedicated private individuals who promote culture or invest in projects
- _Cities and towns, municipalities and regions, as well as sustainable cultural promotion programmes
Please register using the online entry form. Please send your application documents by August 31, 2018 to the competition office. The confirmation of your competition entry will be sent together with a bill for the application fee, which must be paid within 14 days of receipt.
Download the official announcement here.
Please submit the following materials for a proposal in the "European Cultural Investor of the Year" category:
- _free presentation, max. 10 pdf pages or powerpoint slides
- _at least three high-resolution images
- _a printable logo
- _brief summary of your application (500 characters)
- _tailer/image video (ca. 30 sec.), if available
- _possibly examples of initiatives (flyers, billboards, merchandising etc.)
The winners from previous years