The award “European Prize for Media Culture” expresses on the one hand the appreciation for the mediation of cultural content, but also honours the appreciative way in which the media treat their consumers in the complex interaction of culture and the media. Within the category “European Prize for Media Culture”, European mass media such as the Internet, print media, film, radio and television are honoured, as are innovative, independent initiatives whose mission is to promote culture by mediating and promoting art and culture. We look forward to receiving your application!
Evaluation criteria of the jury
- _Creativity: new forms of cultural communication in the media
- _Innovation: creative cultural reporting or cultural marketing
- _Implementation: formats, series, campaigns or in your own brand
- _Efficiency: benefits for the culture or individual culture formats
Who can apply for this category?
Irrespective of local, regional, national or international orientation:
- _Media companies such as publishers, broadcasting stations and digital service providers
- _Media formats such as broadcasts, series or events
- _Print media such as daily, weekly and specialist newspapers, special interest
- _Digital media channels such as Internet portals, blogs, archives
Please register using the online entry form. Please send your application documents by August 31, 2019 to the competition office. The confirmation of your competition entry will be sent together with a bill for the application fee, which must be paid within 10 days of receipt.
Download the official announcement here.
Please submit the following materials for a proposal in the "European Trend Brand of the Year" category:
- _free presentation, max. 10 pdf pages or powerpoint slides
- _at least three high-resolution images
- _a printable logo
- _brief summary of your application (500 characters)
- _tailer/image video (ca. 30 sec.), if available
- _possibly examples of initiatives (flyers, billboards, merchandising etc.)
The winners from previous years